Zilla and the Comics Junkies

Tuesday, June 06, 2006



6.7 Shopping List

Ah back to our normal release day (wed). The world is right again. As usual i'm looking for you guys to fill in the gaps for me so let me know what i'm sleeping on (missing).

For sure...

  • BPRD UNIVERSAL MACHINE #3 (OF 5) - These B.P.R.D. mini's keep getting better and better IMO and "Universal Machine" is no exception...
  • EXTERMINATORS #6 (MR) - Pull list. Mr. X you still w/ this?
  • INVINCIBLE #32 - Pull list. Always a good week when Invincible and TWD drop. Me = hype.
  • WALKING DEAD #28 (MR) - Pull list. See above.
  • MARVEL TEAM-UP #21 - Pull list. Fun book that's losing me lately...
  • PUNISHER #34 (MR) - Pull list. I got into the Punisher MAX series late (last arc) but i've been enjoying the heck out of it... are the previous arcs/issues as good??

Maybe?

  • STAR WARS LEGACY #0 - I've yet to find a Star Wars title i can get into but there seems to be a buzz about this one... I'll at least give it the 'ole flip through gut-check.
  • CIVIL WAR FRONT LINE #1 (OF 10) - What's the difference between this and the 7-issue Civil War run?

Next Week...

  • EX MACHINA SPECIAL #2 (OF 2) (MR)
  • GREEN LANTERN CORPS #1?



5 Comments:

06 June, 2006 16:36, Blogger Ryan X said...

I'm still with you boss, just no time to comment lately. Between work and home, my free time is nil (like everyone else out there). In order to get through my latest stack, I resorted to bringing them all with me offshore and reading them on the helicopter ride. Anyway, I am out here and loving Exterminators as much as ever. Hordes of intelligent bugs? What's not to love?

 
07 June, 2006 12:50, Blogger googum said...

If you haven't read it already, Punisher: The End. You'll love it.

 
07 June, 2006 13:29, Blogger zilla said...

googum - i can't find "Punisher: The End" at Amazon, instocktrades, or my usual haunts. is it a TP? uncollected mini or a one-shot or what?

 
07 June, 2006 23:09, Anonymous cmoney said...

Punisher: The End is a one-shot from a couple years (more?) back.

I've heard good things about the Punisher: Tyger one-shot that was released last week.

 
08 June, 2006 10:17, Blogger zilla said...

cmoney - i picked up the tyger one shot and def enjoyed it... i was going to review but never got around to it... thanks hoss.

 

Post a Comment


In no particular order:

Criminal, The Goon, Daredevil, Exterminators, Punisher, Hellboy/B.P.R.D (All), Powers, Godland, Usagi Yojimbo, The Walking Dead, Invincible, Conan, Ex Machina, DMZ, Desolation Jones, Fell, 100 Bullets, All-Star Superman, Ultimates 2, Loveless, and Fear Agent.

I'm recently back reading after a 15 year comics hiatus.

Zilla is not my real name.

I'm from Tejas living in VA. I'm married w/ 2 dogs. I'm an IT security consultant cranking the wheel for a big consulting firm in "real" life.

I watch the History Channel, Nat'l Geo, TLC, Mil Channel, ESPN and NFL Network, CourtTV (forensic files, etc.) and the Cartoon Network (love Genndy T's Samurai Jack and Clone Wars Adventures). My taste in movies: Gladiator, Last Samurai, Braveheart, Godfather, Tarantino (whatever), Kung-Fu (whatever), Westerns, Top Gun, Big Lebowski.

I love the outdoors and bs'ing around w/ my dogs.

In addition to being a comics junkie, i'm also a sports junkie especially when it comes to the Texas Longhorns and the Dallas Cowboys.



Blog contents copyright © 2005 Rod Wetsel