Zilla and the Comics Junkies

Sunday, June 11, 2006



The Walking Dead #26

Don't get me wrong, i'm as big a TWD fan as ever but the last few issues have been a bit...  stale IMO.  Finding another group of survivors outside the prison is def boss (and something fans have been waiting for), but the whole zombie gladiator games has that "been there, done that" feel to me personally.  Luckily for us, things pick up mightily here in #28 with some jaw-dropping, "oh my" happenings (check my day panel yesterday and the images incl. in this post for spoilers). 

Things are going to get interesting for rick w/o his right hand (though he temporarily lost use of it after he beat the crud out of psycho what's his face) and you just know Michonne is going to get to whuppin' her captors ass in #29.  And what's going to happen to poor Glenn?  I have this weird feeling he's going to die in the next issue.  Check back w/ me on that. 

I'm also feeling the doctor's dissension in the new camp...  there had to be someone around who thought the new camp's leader is off his rocker you know (to keep things believable)?  My brain's been working overtime trying to figure out how he's going to fit in long-term...  Overall a step-up from the last few issues...  I'm rejuvinated:  B+.

---------------

Poor Rick's right hand has been through hell...  first via a self inflicted demolishing back when he beat to death a fellow survivor turned psycho:



And now this (oh my):




1 Comments:

13 June, 2006 07:03, Anonymous Custom Car Seats said...

Custom Car Seats - Custom Car Seats are now used in a variety of cars from Audis to the Aston Martin, Lamborghini’s, Jaguars, and Porsches. Our reproduction Custom Car Seats are handmade with the highest quality and craftsmanship in Italy. Get your Custom Car Seats from http://www.classiccarseats.com/custom-car-seat.php

 

Post a Comment


In no particular order:

Criminal, The Goon, Daredevil, Exterminators, Punisher, Hellboy/B.P.R.D (All), Powers, Godland, Usagi Yojimbo, The Walking Dead, Invincible, Conan, Ex Machina, DMZ, Desolation Jones, Fell, 100 Bullets, All-Star Superman, Ultimates 2, Loveless, and Fear Agent.

I'm recently back reading after a 15 year comics hiatus.

Zilla is not my real name.

I'm from Tejas living in VA. I'm married w/ 2 dogs. I'm an IT security consultant cranking the wheel for a big consulting firm in "real" life.

I watch the History Channel, Nat'l Geo, TLC, Mil Channel, ESPN and NFL Network, CourtTV (forensic files, etc.) and the Cartoon Network (love Genndy T's Samurai Jack and Clone Wars Adventures). My taste in movies: Gladiator, Last Samurai, Braveheart, Godfather, Tarantino (whatever), Kung-Fu (whatever), Westerns, Top Gun, Big Lebowski.

I love the outdoors and bs'ing around w/ my dogs.

In addition to being a comics junkie, i'm also a sports junkie especially when it comes to the Texas Longhorns and the Dallas Cowboys.



Blog contents copyright © 2005 Rod Wetsel