Zilla and the Comics Junkies

Tuesday, July 11, 2006



7.12 Shopping List

Been so friggin' busy the past week or so w/ my granddad and cousin in town for garpa's 90th birthday (neither has ever been to the east coast).  Didn't even get a chance to grab my books last week so should have an overflowing box tomorrow...

I'm buying...

ESCAPISTS #1 (OF 6) - In.
HELLBOY JOURNAL (O/A) - What is this? I'm usually pre-in for anything HB.
DMZ #9 (MR) - Pull list. Getting better and better each issue.
EXTERMINATORS #7 (MR) - Pull list.
IRON WEST GN - In Image's own words: Preston Struck is an incompetent outlaw with a heart of fool’s gold. He discovers an army of metal men bent on destroying central California. While Struck avoids any form of heroism, he gets a little help from a magical old shaman and his sidekick Sasquatch. Struck is going to need all the help he can get because he’s deputized just as the mechanical men have take over the railroad and are mutating the train into a giant demonic iron monster.
WALKING DEAD #29 (MR) - Pull list.
GHOST RIDER #1 - Hope this lives up Ennis and Crane's 05 mini.

Next week...

CONAN #30 (MR), SILENT DRAGON TP, ETERNALS #2 (OF 6)



7 Comments:

11 July, 2006 14:16, Blogger zilla said...

PS - Did anyone read Brubaker's first Uncanny X-Men issue last week?

 
11 July, 2006 14:31, Blogger Guy LeCharles Gonzalez said...

Hmm, that Iron West sounds cool. Missed it in my own roundup. Will have to check it out tomorrow.

 
11 July, 2006 23:29, Anonymous Dave Carter said...

"HELLBOY JOURNAL (O/A) - What is this? I'm usually pre-in for anything HB."

I do believe it's a blank journal, i.e. 128 blank pages, spiral bound with a Hellboy cover:

http://www.darkhorse.com/profile/profile.php?sku=12-309

 
12 July, 2006 06:08, Anonymous CellarDoor said...

Heh, let us know how that Hellboy Journal reads Zilla!

 
13 July, 2006 02:51, Blogger Philos said...

Please tell me more about The Escapists!

 
13 July, 2006 22:54, Blogger Guy LeCharles Gonzalez said...

Good call on Iron West. I ended up getting it and it was a fun read.

 
14 July, 2006 09:23, Blogger zilla said...

damn it i forgot to pick up the Hellboy Journal somehow... anyone else grab that (since i prob won't see it until next week now)?

Guy - glad to hear you liked Iron West. I ordered from Amazon and should be getting here soon...

 

Post a Comment


In no particular order:

Criminal, The Goon, Daredevil, Exterminators, Punisher, Hellboy/B.P.R.D (All), Powers, Godland, Usagi Yojimbo, The Walking Dead, Invincible, Conan, Ex Machina, DMZ, Desolation Jones, Fell, 100 Bullets, All-Star Superman, Ultimates 2, Loveless, and Fear Agent.

I'm recently back reading after a 15 year comics hiatus.

Zilla is not my real name.

I'm from Tejas living in VA. I'm married w/ 2 dogs. I'm an IT security consultant cranking the wheel for a big consulting firm in "real" life.

I watch the History Channel, Nat'l Geo, TLC, Mil Channel, ESPN and NFL Network, CourtTV (forensic files, etc.) and the Cartoon Network (love Genndy T's Samurai Jack and Clone Wars Adventures). My taste in movies: Gladiator, Last Samurai, Braveheart, Godfather, Tarantino (whatever), Kung-Fu (whatever), Westerns, Top Gun, Big Lebowski.

I love the outdoors and bs'ing around w/ my dogs.

In addition to being a comics junkie, i'm also a sports junkie especially when it comes to the Texas Longhorns and the Dallas Cowboys.



Blog contents copyright © 2005 Rod Wetsel