Zilla and the Comics Junkies

Wednesday, July 05, 2006



7.5 Shopping List

Interesting...  I was all prepared for this week to be one of those where books drop on thursday (due the holiday) but seems that may only apply to monday holidays?  Hey i'm not complaining...

I'm buying...

BPRD UNIVERSAL MACHINE #4 (OF 5) - I *should* wait for the TP on this but i'm enjoying it so...
CONAN & THE SONGS OF THE DEAD #1 (OF 5) - Haven't heard anything about this but i'm a dork for Conan so...
DARK HORSE TWENTY YEARS - Love me some DH.
GOON #18 - Feels like we're long overdue for this issue but it's funny how a release of a great title can make you forget just how long it took...
ARES #5 (OF 5) - In.
INCREDIBLE HULK #96 - On again, off again. This one will be a game time decision.
PUNISHER #35 (MR) - Pull list.
THING #8 - Maybe... I really do enjoy this comic but i'm trying to trim the fat a bit with my pulls. sacrifices are beat but have to be made.

Notable...

BPRD THE BLACK FLAME TP - I read the first issue of this (or first 2?) and was digging on it for sure... decided to trade wait and the time has come.
SAMURAI JACK AND SCOTSMAN STATUE - I don't collect statues (or really see the point) but if i DID, i'd buy this. Well maybe not at this price but... you get what i'm saying ;)
Y THE LAST MAN #47 (MR) - I was reading this by the trades and stopped around #4 or 5... should i have kept going??
BEYOND #1 (OF 6) - I can't remember why this title is sticking in my head... something about the title "Beyond" just seems cool though. I'll have to check it out.

Notable next week...

ESCAPISTS #1 (OF 6), and GHOST RIDER #1



3 Comments:

05 July, 2006 17:45, Blogger Christopher Green said...

You might as well pick up Thing #8, it's the final issue.

 
06 July, 2006 02:58, Blogger Peter Hensel said...

Beyond's written by the Awesome but underrated Dwight McDuffy of MIlestone comics and JLU fame. It'll probably be worth a look, as he always turns in great superhero work.

 
11 July, 2006 13:14, Blogger Philos said...

Although I'm a huge fan of the early Y - The Last Man issues I do not recommend the current issues. The story is not as humorous as it was in the beginning and the plot does not go ahead. I'm disappointed about the lack of progress. Maybe it was wrong to determine the number of issues to 60.

 

Post a Comment


In no particular order:

Criminal, The Goon, Daredevil, Exterminators, Punisher, Hellboy/B.P.R.D (All), Powers, Godland, Usagi Yojimbo, The Walking Dead, Invincible, Conan, Ex Machina, DMZ, Desolation Jones, Fell, 100 Bullets, All-Star Superman, Ultimates 2, Loveless, and Fear Agent.

I'm recently back reading after a 15 year comics hiatus.

Zilla is not my real name.

I'm from Tejas living in VA. I'm married w/ 2 dogs. I'm an IT security consultant cranking the wheel for a big consulting firm in "real" life.

I watch the History Channel, Nat'l Geo, TLC, Mil Channel, ESPN and NFL Network, CourtTV (forensic files, etc.) and the Cartoon Network (love Genndy T's Samurai Jack and Clone Wars Adventures). My taste in movies: Gladiator, Last Samurai, Braveheart, Godfather, Tarantino (whatever), Kung-Fu (whatever), Westerns, Top Gun, Big Lebowski.

I love the outdoors and bs'ing around w/ my dogs.

In addition to being a comics junkie, i'm also a sports junkie especially when it comes to the Texas Longhorns and the Dallas Cowboys.



Blog contents copyright © 2005 Rod Wetsel