Zilla and the Comics Junkies

Sunday, August 13, 2006



I'm baaaaack....

Just got back last night from a week-long jaunt to St. Croix w/ wifey (visiting my Uncle and friends). Man is that place the cat's ass. Great sun, beaches, diving, and just island life in general... Finally got to check out the Cruzan Rum distillery and the beer drinking hogs (unrelated but nearby) this time around. Picked up some crucial single barrel rum at the distillery (at an unbelievable discount) and a couple bottles of the best hot sauce in the world at this little shack restaraunt/bar up in the rain forest... man is that shit HOT (yet quite delicious).

PS - for shit's and giggles i'm going to post a pic of the beer drinking pigs as a day panel sometime this week (whenever i can get them off my camera). you guys just gotta see this. oh and yeah... it's O'doul's ;)



1 Comments:

13 August, 2006 20:26, Anonymous CellarDoor said...

Welcome back! And I'm looking forward to these pics of non-alcholic adult beverage swilling swine! Read any good trades on your trip? I just read Ocean by Warren Ellis, and I'd have to say it was a darn good sci-fi tale.

 

Post a Comment


In no particular order:

Criminal, The Goon, Daredevil, Exterminators, Punisher, Hellboy/B.P.R.D (All), Powers, Godland, Usagi Yojimbo, The Walking Dead, Invincible, Conan, Ex Machina, DMZ, Desolation Jones, Fell, 100 Bullets, All-Star Superman, Ultimates 2, Loveless, and Fear Agent.

I'm recently back reading after a 15 year comics hiatus.

Zilla is not my real name.

I'm from Tejas living in VA. I'm married w/ 2 dogs. I'm an IT security consultant cranking the wheel for a big consulting firm in "real" life.

I watch the History Channel, Nat'l Geo, TLC, Mil Channel, ESPN and NFL Network, CourtTV (forensic files, etc.) and the Cartoon Network (love Genndy T's Samurai Jack and Clone Wars Adventures). My taste in movies: Gladiator, Last Samurai, Braveheart, Godfather, Tarantino (whatever), Kung-Fu (whatever), Westerns, Top Gun, Big Lebowski.

I love the outdoors and bs'ing around w/ my dogs.

In addition to being a comics junkie, i'm also a sports junkie especially when it comes to the Texas Longhorns and the Dallas Cowboys.



Blog contents copyright © 2005 Rod Wetsel