Zilla and the Comics Junkies

Tuesday, October 03, 2006



10.4 Shopping List

Cleaned out a months worth of flops from my LCS box last weekend and i'll be heading back tomorrow because i can't resist Cross Bronx #2, Criminal #1, or a new FA. Man i have a lot to read before i get caught back up...

WINTER MEN #5 (OF 8) - Wait is this actually a new issue of Winter Men or just a restocking? I had (have?) given up in this title for dead... though i was def enjoying it at one point.
CROSS BRONX #2 (MR) - Yes sir. #1 was spot on what i expected from Oeming and i'm extra hype for #2 this week.
FEAR AGENT #8 - Pull list. BFF.
CRIMINAL #1 (MR) - Damn a new Cross Bronx AND the first issue of Brubaker and SPs new crime drama are both coming out this week? Be still my beating heart.
GIANT SIZE WOLVERINE #1 - Who's involved w/ this? Should i pick it up?
IRREDEEMABLE ANT-MAN #1 - I'm a Kirkman dork so i at least have to check this out though i'm not usually a fan of his mainstream work (LOVE Brit, TWD, and Invincible but not so hype about Team Up and/or UXM).



5 Comments:

03 October, 2006 10:00, Blogger Ryan X said...

Welcome back dude! I was sick of looking at your pull list for Aug :). Anyway, thanks for the reminder about Criminal, can't forget to get that today. Cross Bronx is so killer, I hope it goes on for 8 or 9 TPs. Glad you are back in the saddle, later bro.

 
03 October, 2006 16:13, Blogger zilla said...

Did you guys hear that Fear Agent is moving to Dark Horse? Or is that a rumor? Good or bad thing???

 
03 October, 2006 16:14, Anonymous Anonymous said...

In addition to most of the titles you mentioned, I also have Elephantmen #3, #1 of the Doctor Strange mini that BKV is doing, and The Boys #3 on my list.

 
03 October, 2006 16:14, Anonymous CellarDoor said...

woops forgot to identify myself...

 
05 October, 2006 15:42, Blogger Destro777 said...

Hey im a reader of your blog. Glad to see you back. I'll have to post some comments on here from time to time. I dig the site a ton. Keep up the good work.

 

Post a Comment


In no particular order:

Criminal, The Goon, Daredevil, Exterminators, Punisher, Hellboy/B.P.R.D (All), Powers, Godland, Usagi Yojimbo, The Walking Dead, Invincible, Conan, Ex Machina, DMZ, Desolation Jones, Fell, 100 Bullets, All-Star Superman, Ultimates 2, Loveless, and Fear Agent.

I'm recently back reading after a 15 year comics hiatus.

Zilla is not my real name.

I'm from Tejas living in VA. I'm married w/ 2 dogs. I'm an IT security consultant cranking the wheel for a big consulting firm in "real" life.

I watch the History Channel, Nat'l Geo, TLC, Mil Channel, ESPN and NFL Network, CourtTV (forensic files, etc.) and the Cartoon Network (love Genndy T's Samurai Jack and Clone Wars Adventures). My taste in movies: Gladiator, Last Samurai, Braveheart, Godfather, Tarantino (whatever), Kung-Fu (whatever), Westerns, Top Gun, Big Lebowski.

I love the outdoors and bs'ing around w/ my dogs.

In addition to being a comics junkie, i'm also a sports junkie especially when it comes to the Texas Longhorns and the Dallas Cowboys.



Blog contents copyright © 2005 Rod Wetsel