Zilla and the Comics Junkies

Monday, October 02, 2006



And, as if from nowhere, he (re)appeared.

My oh my. Sorry to have left you guys hanging for so damn long but a little something came up that had me out of the country for a while. I'm just getting settled back in so it may be a week or so before i get regular with the posts again around here but that is the plan my friends. i've got a MASSIVE pile of comics to catch up on so bear with me while i'm behind (and/or help me fill in the blanks). I recently got a hold of the under-rated yet cats-ass Surrogates TP (though i have the flops already... i know, i know, but this TP really does kick ass!) and BKV's Pride of Baghdad, which is chalk full of political innuendo and really got to me with its well-written story and GORGEOUS artwork. Both of these are great "thinking" books. A++.

While you're waiting for me to get my shit together again... have a read of Erik Larsen's latest CBR column (which just so happens to sum up my thoughts on/love for TPs, HCs, and other collections quite nicely).

PS - I totally understand if readership around here is back to about 1, 2, or 3 (counting myself). No worries, i accepted writing this damn blog primarily to hear myself talk eons ago!! Regardless, welcome back me, and whoever's still with me ;)



3 Comments:

02 October, 2006 18:30, Anonymous CellarDoor said...

Hey, I'm just glad you're alive and well. I had these visions of you being kidnapped by masked terrorists or maybe a robot sent from the future. Seriously though, your blog has been a regular read for me and it was missed.
Welcome back

 
03 October, 2006 00:24, Anonymous cmoney said...

Well, I'm still reading, for what it's worth, I just don't chime in much. Glad to see you're back, and am really looking forward to getting my Pride of Baghdad HC whenever Amazon finally decides to ship it. :) Hope the little something that came up was nothing bad.

 
03 October, 2006 16:11, Blogger zilla said...

Hey guys... thanks mucho. glad to BE back. it may take me a week or two to get back to my original post volume (still trying to get settled back in), but i'm dedicated. glad i didn't come back to an empty parlor (picture dust bunnies rolling through an old west ghost town). hahaha.

 

Post a Comment


In no particular order:

Criminal, The Goon, Daredevil, Exterminators, Punisher, Hellboy/B.P.R.D (All), Powers, Godland, Usagi Yojimbo, The Walking Dead, Invincible, Conan, Ex Machina, DMZ, Desolation Jones, Fell, 100 Bullets, All-Star Superman, Ultimates 2, Loveless, and Fear Agent.

I'm recently back reading after a 15 year comics hiatus.

Zilla is not my real name.

I'm from Tejas living in VA. I'm married w/ 2 dogs. I'm an IT security consultant cranking the wheel for a big consulting firm in "real" life.

I watch the History Channel, Nat'l Geo, TLC, Mil Channel, ESPN and NFL Network, CourtTV (forensic files, etc.) and the Cartoon Network (love Genndy T's Samurai Jack and Clone Wars Adventures). My taste in movies: Gladiator, Last Samurai, Braveheart, Godfather, Tarantino (whatever), Kung-Fu (whatever), Westerns, Top Gun, Big Lebowski.

I love the outdoors and bs'ing around w/ my dogs.

In addition to being a comics junkie, i'm also a sports junkie especially when it comes to the Texas Longhorns and the Dallas Cowboys.



Blog contents copyright © 2005 Rod Wetsel