Zilla and the Comics Junkies

Sunday, October 22, 2006



The Complete Invincible Library Vol. 1?

Finally got around to flipping through the Oct. issue of Previews and stumbled across a couple of gems:  The Complete Invincible Library Vol. 1, collecting 768 (!!) pages of Invincible goodness from Robert Kirkman (issues #1-24).  Maaaaaannnnn.  It's $125 cover but only 75 beans at mailordercomics.


Next (and far more reasonably priced) is the second Powers: Definitive Collection HC.  I bought the first one and ebay'd the TPs it covered that i already had on the shelf and will prob do the same w/ this one (i'm such a sucker).  Good thing about this is, Bendis and Oeming are only charging us $29.99 cover for 464 pages (issues 13-24 i think?) and i can pick this beauty up at mailordercomics for the insanely low price of $17.99.  Now THAT my friends is a bargain.

Also listed are the Batman Year One Hundred TP and PVP Vol. 4, both of which i will happily buy once they are available.  I really, really enjoyed BYOH and PVP is some of the best "on the can" reading my greenbacks can buy...



0 Comments:

Post a Comment


In no particular order:

Criminal, The Goon, Daredevil, Exterminators, Punisher, Hellboy/B.P.R.D (All), Powers, Godland, Usagi Yojimbo, The Walking Dead, Invincible, Conan, Ex Machina, DMZ, Desolation Jones, Fell, 100 Bullets, All-Star Superman, Ultimates 2, Loveless, and Fear Agent.

I'm recently back reading after a 15 year comics hiatus.

Zilla is not my real name.

I'm from Tejas living in VA. I'm married w/ 2 dogs. I'm an IT security consultant cranking the wheel for a big consulting firm in "real" life.

I watch the History Channel, Nat'l Geo, TLC, Mil Channel, ESPN and NFL Network, CourtTV (forensic files, etc.) and the Cartoon Network (love Genndy T's Samurai Jack and Clone Wars Adventures). My taste in movies: Gladiator, Last Samurai, Braveheart, Godfather, Tarantino (whatever), Kung-Fu (whatever), Westerns, Top Gun, Big Lebowski.

I love the outdoors and bs'ing around w/ my dogs.

In addition to being a comics junkie, i'm also a sports junkie especially when it comes to the Texas Longhorns and the Dallas Cowboys.



Blog contents copyright © 2005 Rod Wetsel